ITEM CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. ESTIMATED SHIP DATE 10/30. ITEM MAY SHIP SOONER. ORDERS PLACED WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY & THIS SHIPMENT DATE MAY CONTINUE TO CHANGE BASED ON ORDERS RECEIVED.
SPE Strike VGT Turbo With Billet Wheel - Fits 2011-2019 6.7L Powerstroke
After many years of modifying and repairing turbochargers for the 15+ Powerstroke we found many flaws & failure points which we have addressed and rectified in the new SPE Strike VGT Turbo.
- Fixes all of the major design flaws in the factory GT37V turbocharger
- Drop-in stock style turbo
- Upgraded bearing package helping add longevity to the turbo’s lifespan
- Great replacement for the problematic, failure prone 11-14 Garrett GT32 SST
- Can support up to 650hp (with proper tuning and fuel)
- Billet compressor wheel shows a 11lb/min increase over the factory unit.
- More efficient turbine and compressor wheel designs aiding in lowering EGTs
- New compressor cover design eliminates the silencer ring for better flow
- Eliminated vane cage to increase exhaust and help drop back pressure, also removing another potential failure point
- Cimat VSR balanced
- Also available with a cast compressor wheel
Engineered Design. After many years of modifying and repairing turbochargers for the 15+ Powerstroke we found many flaws & failure points which we have addressed and rectified in the new SPE Strike VGT Turbo. This turbo features a one piece cast front cover unlike the OEM 2-piece cover with a press in center which often comes apart (see Figure 1). The restrictive factory vane cage has also been eliminated in the Strike VGT Turbo and the VGT vane assembly has now been integrated into the exhaust housing (see Figure 2 & 3). Again this eliminates a potential failure point while at the same time increasing flow & performance.
Upgraded Bearings.The Strike VGT Turbo features SPE’s signature 360° hardened thrust bearing and our optimized journal bearings. The biggest advantage of a 360° thrust bearing is the full circle of lubrication and optimized oil path for better oil disbursement. This increases durability and longevity when compared to the factory 270° thrust bearing.
Stepped Gap Ring: Also known as the exhaust seal, the stepped gap ring is produced from a superior material with a higher nickel content and has an increased tension over the factory component. This eliminates oil leaking into the exhaust housing and keeps your turbo wheels clean and free of oil and excessive carbon deposits.
Billet Compressor Wheel. Includes a 62mm billet 6 blade compressor wheel which designed to increase lb/min. The factory compressor wheel produces 70lb/min whereas the SPE billet compressor wheel can produce up to 81lb/min.
No Recalibration Necessary. Installation of the Strike VGT Turbo in a 2015-2019 6.7L Powerstroke will not require a recalibration of the vehicle’s computer (ECU) for operation. It is also not required on the 2011-2014 however you may experience a check engine light.
Application. The Strike VGTTurbo is specifically designed for use on 2015-2019 F250/F350/F450 (non-cab & chassis) models and 2017+ cab & chassis equipped with the 6.7L diesel engine. Please note that this turbocharger CAN be installed on the 2011-2014 F250/F350/F450 (non-cab & chassis) models and 2011-2016 cab & chassis models but the 11-14 retrokit install kit is required, found HERE.
- 2011- 2019 Ford F250 (including cab & chassis)*
- 2011- 2019 Ford F350 (including cab & chassis)*
- 2011- 2019 Ford F450 (including cab & chassis)*
- 2011- 2019 Ford F550 (including cab & chassis)*
*11-14 non-cab & chassis and 11-16 cab & chassis models require the 11-14 retrofit install kit.