6.7L Powerstroke Carrillo Connecting Rods
Offering the stoutest connecting rod configurations on the market
100% made in America—you’re supporting the American working man
Available in 3 configurations— Meets the demands of the market allowing you to purchase exactly what you need for your application
- Tested & installed in high horsepower application— WE find the weak points so you don’t have to!
- Great for sled pulling, drag racing & daily driving— capable of handling whatever power level you put it up against.
- H-11 Tool Steel Hardware Options— Increased reliability & strength
In 2011, SPE found the 1st weak point of the 6.7L Powerstroke engine. The factory forged connecting rods were too weak to handle the increased horsepower and torque seen when aftermarket components and compounds turbos were added. The increased horsepower leaves the bottom end on borrowed time. With over 55 years of experience, it only made sense to commission Carrillo to develop a set of aftermarket H-beam rods to remedy the OEM shortcoming. Since their initial release in May 2012, we spend the last 5+ years testing their limitations. Almost 5 years to the day we found a second limitation. Once again, we worked with Carrillo to create the HD version, a substantially more rugged version with a thicker H-beam. We recommend using the HD version on builds with a predicted horsepower rating of 1200hp & greater.
3 Options Available:
- Little Pin- Build dates on or BEFORE 1/7/16
- Big Pin- Build dates AFTER 1/8/16 UNLESS you are using small pin pistons
- HD- Great for applications with greater than 1200hp
These rods are included in our fully build engines.
*** You MUST balance the rotating assembly. ***