NOW STANDARD WITH THE MOST POWERFUL SUPERCHARGER, THE ALL NEW GEN 4 2.9L SUPERCHARGER
Whipple and the 2015-2017 Ford F150 supercharger system leads the industry again, first to market!
If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable and highest quality system available, then here it is! Featuring the new, 4th generation Whipple 2.9L supercharger with an all new rotor profile and new high flow rotor housing to unleash even more power than ever before. Whipple Superchargers has yet again set a new precedence for bolt-on power, 50-state emissions legal and industry leading durability.
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development then Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability. Each Whipple system comes with the new flash tool which allows each customer to load the calibration into the PCM, read and erase codes, octane adjust capacity and the ability to customize wheel/axle sizes.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in it’s ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower boost and torque output until the problem can be cured. No other calibration in the field has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability.
Whipple's latest PCM calibration also offers Barometric Pressure sensing technology that adapts the power according the outside conditions. The 2015+ F150 5.0L packages are a speed density based system, no longer a mass air flow based system. With this in mind, Whipple supplies the new 2-bar MAP sensor, which in conjunction with the stock MAP sensor constantly adjust for varying conditions. No other aftermarket calibration can adapt and learn such as the Whipple calibration.
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box
- 50-state emissions legal
- Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
- 2.9L 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
- Oversized Crusher™ inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
- Front feed allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo or 4x4 roots
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- W175ax SC bottom is open for increased plenum volume and better over-intercooler air distribution giving more intercooler effectiveness
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No internal modifications required
- Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- Stainless steel tapered jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
- Complete kits and competition kits available
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Tomahawk flash tool for SC calibration, read/erase codes, profile relearn, octane adjust and data logging
- Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle bodies (132mm elliptical)
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- Lightweight pocketed SC pulley
Optional 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty
Inlet vs. Outlet
The Whipple front feed system is far superior to other, smaller supercharger rear inlet based SC systems for a very simple reason, less inlet restrictions. The fact is simple, the front entry systems do not require multiple 90deg bends or one sweeping 180deg bend before the SC inlet, which causes unequal rotor filling and lower volumetric efficiency. The new Whipple system only has 1 gradual bend, less than half that of the rear entry style systems.
Rear inlet systems also sacrifice the rear inlet to clear the firewall in most cases, or there’s a big need to shave the SC too far forward, making the discharge pointed up and away from the intercooler core, making the air have to make another turn just to get to the intercooler core. It’s simple, the more work the air has to do, the lower the power gains are going to be.
Whipple's Superior Engineering
Leaving no stone unturned, Whipple's revolutionary system for the Ford 5.0L F150 engines is truly resetting the standards of supercharging. With its massive front feed inlet, typical inlet inefficiencies are a thing of the past. With the lightweight, stainless steel tapered jack-shaft, the supercharger pulley height is offset .75" below the supercharger centerline. Why? Whipple engineers were able to add .50" thicker intercooler core and .25" more plenum volume below the core to decrease temps and pumping losses.
Other positive displacement superchargers sacrificed plenum volume and runner size while Whipple engineer's used every square inch available to open the volume of the manifold, allowing for future expansion of power levels. Small runner and small volume manifolds cause excess boost "build-up" giving you manifold pressure, not proper cylinder pressure. This results in high boost, low power scenario's with excess heat from the lack of proper flowing air volume.
Whipple didn't just stop there, knowing that the F150 Coyote motors love boost, Whipple’s team squeezed an epically large oversized aluminum bar and plate intercooler core into its large intake manifold, nearly 30% larger than the competition! With more open surface area, both on top of the core and the core itself, Whipple's post intercooler air temps are second to none. Cooler air equals denser air which equals more power at each boost level while being safer on engine components.
The bigger intercooler alone wasn’t enough, in previous generations, the supercharger discharge was typically too far forward from the intercooler core, and sandwiched so close to the core on top that the core’s surface area was not properly utilized. With the front feed 2.9L compressor, Whipple was able to increase the volume and distance above the intercooler core, as well as doing the same below. This issue, like some of our competition, increases the “boost” in the manifold, but not at the valves and combustion chamber. This means high boost, low power and high discharge temps. Whipple’s front feed system has a rear discharge port at nearly the center of the IC core. Through countless CFD analysis, Whipple’s design utilizes nearly the entire intercooler core, resulting in less pressure drop and cooler temps for increased power levels.
Another great feature to the Whipple F150 kits is the oversized heat exchanger and oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir. The oversized heat exchanger is massive in size and fits perfectly in the cold air stream, giving incredible cooling capacity for daily driving, towing or drag racing. The Whipple oversized aluminum reservoir is again a unique feature included with every kit. The aluminum reservoir is remote mounted behind the bumper, between the frame rails, keeping it in the cool area away from engine heat, along with having over 3.0 gallons of capacity in the reservoir alone! Giving the intercooler system well over 3.5 gallons of capacity. This means cooler air temps, less heat soak and more power!