MOST POWERFUL BASE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM AVAILABLE
NOW STANDARD WITH THE MOST POWERFURL SUPERCHARGER, THE ALL NEW GEN 4 2.9L SUPERCHARGER
While Whipple broke many rules and records with its record setting S550 supercharger system, holding the title of the most powerful, most advanced supercharger system available, we weren't satisified and decided to build an all new supercharger from the ground up. The 50-State legal stage 1 supercharger system makes up to 750 (+355hp) engine horsepower and 620 (+220ft/lb) foot pound of torque on 93 octane fuel!
The Stage 1 system utilizes the stock 80mm throttle body, yet it comes with the Bosch high flow dual beam 55lb/hr fuel injector, 123mm high flow air intake system and a pulley that gives you approximately 10psi of boost. The system features a billet belt system with the billet Whipple tensioner, lightweight aluminum SC pulley, massive air-to-water intercooler, high flow intake manifold and intercooled bypass system.
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development then Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in its ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower boost and torque output until the problem can be cured. No other calibration in the field has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability. Each Whipple kit comes with unique software and a OBDII flash tool giving the customer the ability to flash/update whenever needed. Each customer also gets the ability to adjust wheel/axle size, octane adjustment, crank/cam relearn and many other unique features.
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS S550 EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- Most powerful 50-state legal system available (750 engine HP on 93 octane)
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box (nearly double the stock horsepower)
- Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems (front entry design can be up to 8% more efficient then a side/rear entry)
- 2.9L is 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type allowing lower power consumption and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
- Oversized Crusher™ inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation (unique Roval 132mm inlet)
- Front feed allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler (over 33% larger than competition) offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Included OBDII flash tool, new Flare software and the new Flight Control technology
- Flare software allows wheel/tire axle changes (A Whipple exclusive)
- 55LB/HR fuel injectors vs others 47LB/HR that others use which severely limits power potential
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo or 4x4 roots
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- W175ax SC bottom is open for increased plenum volume and better over-intercooler air distribution giving more intercooler effectiveness
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop and better use of the increased surface area of the massive intercooler core
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps, 150% more volume then competition, standard with every kit
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No cutting or grinding on the engine block (Roush system requires grinding engine block and timing cover)
- No cutting or grinding the K-brace (Roush system requires this to be removed or cut beyond function)
- No internal modifications required
- Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- Optional 10-rib belt system with matching billet pulleys
- Stainless steel tapered jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) that allows torsional twist during racing applications
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
- Complete kits and competition kits are available
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with bigger intercooler pumps, dual electric Spal 11" high speed fans, optional supercharger pulleys
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- Easy belt changes
- Lightweight pocketed aluminum SC pulley
- Optional 3 year, 36,000 mile engine warranty
- Spark plugs included
FRONT INLET VS REAR INLET
The Whipple front feed system is far superior to other, smaller supercharger rear inlet based SC systems for a very simple reason, less inlet restrictions. The fact is simple, the front entry systems do not require multiple 90deg bends or one sweeping 180deg bend before the SC inlet, which causes unequal rotor filling and lower volumetric efficiency. The new Whipple system only has 1 gradual bend, less than half that of the rear entry style systems.
Rear inlet systems also sacrifice the rear inlet to clear the firewall in most cases, or there’s a big need to slide the SC too far forward, making the discharge pointed up and away from the intercooler core, making the air have to make another turn just to get to the intercooler core. It’s simple, the more work the air has to do, the lower the power gains are going to be.
WHIPPLE FUEL SYSTEM
The Whipple front feed system uses Bosch mid-length high flow 72lb/hr and billet high flow fuel rails to supply plenty of fuel for all the power desired. Each injector is pre-tested and flow matched.
Each Whipple system comes with proper emissions compatible fuel line with OEM quick connect fittings for simple installation.
THE WHIPPLE ADVANTAGE
The Whipple Advantage is designed into every Whipple SC system. This advantage is broken down into 5 categories during the design and testing phases which truly sets Whipple apart from others:
1. Best power for money.
2. Most complete package.
3. Maximum power.
4. Maximum power expandability.
5. Aesthetic appeal.
What does this mean? You get it all, in one package. Massive power gains with the biggest superchargers, biggest intercoolers, biggest intercooler systems, biggest air-inlet systems while providing robust belt systems and heavy-duty spring tensioners. The intake manifold is designed with high velocity in mind, while increasing plenum volume to lower pressure loss at high power applications.
You then get OEM style fuel and vacuum hoses with nylon sheaving for added protection and appeal, OEM style quick connect fittings with billet aluminum fittings. No ugly brass fittings hanging off the inlet like some others. Wire extensions are injection molded to allow simple plug-and-play installations. Each system also has multiple options for increased performance such as oversized heat-exchangers with dual fans, billet high flow throttle bodies, oversized cold air intake systems just to name a few.
Each kit comes with step-by-step instruction manuals printed in color to help all installers, including the do-it-yourselfer. Kits come with all the fasteners, all color matched for proper aesthetic appeal.
So don’t be fooled by others, there is no comparing to the Whipple supercharger systems, simply the top of the line packages designed and built to exceed all expectations.