SPE Motorsport 6.7L Powerstroke Air Intake System
An air intake system engineered for peak performance in real world performance applications
SPE has thoroughly tested vehicle uses & real world applications when designing our intakes. SPE found through dyno, street, and race testing that open filters performed the best all around. Our intakes are designed with overall performance being the major player. Our Intakes are not designed around stock applications, they are designed around performance oriented applications. Through testing in real world situations at higher than stock power levels most box/sealed designs are unable to supply the filter with enough air volume at low vehicle speeds. Meaning to simply function properly, it’s best for the vehicle to be moving with the help of atmospheric pressure. For most people this is fine; however there are many problems with this in a performance vehicle aspect. Thus, the SPE Air Intake System was designed.
SPE uses all of the provided space in the engine bay to give the customer the most tube volume as possible. There are no inserts for the MAF to neck them down to a factory tube size. The reason we do not use inserts is that it hurts performance and defeats the purpose of a performance intake since it’d be truly only factory size then.
Our intakes are designed to look as good as they perform. We take extra time and care in our mold design to make them as seamless as possible so that they are aesthetically pleasing. This means, there’s no ridged, raised parting lines. We keep MAF locations out of plain sight as well. This meticulously engineered design leaves the customer with a smooth, clean look that performs.
All of the mounting points are integrated into the intake mold. That means there are no metal brackets to flex, bend, rust, or break. This also simplifies installation.
Air Filter Design
SPE has also designed the air filter for each application. We don't do a one size fits all, like some of the competition. The filters are designed specifically to fit the space properly and flow as well as possible. They are manufactured with non-woven cotton material layers which are maximized for filtration and performance. The filters are able to be run dry, for max performance, or oiled, to help filter even better.
SPE prides itself on the design process for all aspects of our products; this is the foundation to any well made part. Our filter mold design is no different. SPE makes sure that when our filter molds are manufactured it's done with max quality in mind. We pride ourselves on controlling pleat bleed so that the surface area is not altered, hindering airflow and performance of the filter. This is all done through tedious engineering.
Our brand speaks for itself & it’s in our name, performance engineering.
Check out our blog postfor more of what goes into the design & comparison photos.
- One of the largest intake tube volumes on the market for the 6.7 PSD
- Proprietary intake and filter mold designs for a clean and smooth presentation
NO MAF tube inserts
- Factory style MAF screw inserts
- 6” filter inlet with a smooth transition to the factory oval flange (not stepped)
- Thick wall for longevity and strength
- SIlicone reinforced coupler
- Stainless steel scroll clamps
- Cotton non-woven filter material can be ran dry or oiled
- Silicone filter ends
- Fits in factory locations on 11-16 6.7L Powerstroke
- Fits in factory locations on 17-19 6.7L Powerstroke — No need to relocate the battery!!
Fits Standard Pick-Ups and Cab & Chassis for the following years:
- 2011 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2012 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2013 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2014 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2015 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2016 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2017 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2018 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
- 2019 F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L Powerstroke
*Tuning may be required.